The Benefits of Using Cordless Tools
Friday, May 24, 2013 6:44:53 PM Australia/Sydney
Cordless tools are important for both professionals and DIYers. They usually use lithium or nickel-cadmium batteries which can give an hour of use for about twenty minutes of charging time. These tools are starting to come with Rapid Charge Batteries that can charge in a shorter amount of time, leaving more time for the important projects that needs to be completed.
They can make completing challenging projects faster and easier.
• Safety: A cordless tool reduces many hazards inherent in working at a construction site, doing an office project, or working on a home (and anything in between). Cords are trip hazards, and they can be an electrical hazard too if the wrong substance meets the wire (think water). When there’s no cord, there’s nothing to trip on, and there’s definitely nothing with which to get shocked. Additionally, there’s no risk of wear and tear that will take away the protective coating of the cord leaving dangerous electrical wires exposed to workers, children, or pets.
• Noise (or lack thereof): Because there are no built-in exhaust systems, they are as much as 20 times less noisy than tools that utilise cords.
• Easy access: If the project is in an area that is elevated, it’s probably a lot easier to climb a ladder or stairs without having to worry about a long electrical cord trailing behind. It’s also a lot better to be free of concerns about tripping or getting tangled in the cord while also trying to use a powerful and potentially dangerous tool properly. A tool with no cord eliminates the risk and puts worker safety first.
• Money saving: Less maintenance is needed because these tools are stronger and more durable. Additionally, extension cords are not needed. One can easily complete a project far away from an electrical outlet without worrying about the cord coming out of the socket or creating a trip hazard for others in the area.
• Working on a site with no power?: No problem! A cordless tool runs off a battery, so electricity is not needed. Because many job sites do not have electrical access yet, these tools can save a lot of frustration and time. Although their batteries are rechargeable, some come with disposable butane cartridge which is a great feature for when there are no outlets to recharge a battery.
Tools that run off batteries are great for construction sites, office and home maintenance and improvement. They are easy-to-use, cost-effective, and time-saving. Gasweld cordless tools offers a wide variety of to suit any of your needs from drills, torches, trimmers, nail guns, and more.