Austarc 18TC is an iron powder hydrogen controlled electrode used primarily on C-Mn and low alloy structural steels. The unique twin-coat design for 18 type low hydrogen electrode offers excellent AC arc stability and superb DC+ arc transfer, excellent re-strike, reduced spatter level and extraordinary ease of use for out-of-position welding.
Typical applications include oil and gas, pipe welding, structural steel construction, off-shore where Ni-alloying is prohibited, mining equipment, heavy girders and earth moving plant repair and maintenance.
- Structural Steel Construction
- Pipe Welding
- Oil and Gas
- Off-Shore Where Ni-Alloying is Prohibited
- Mining Equipment
- Heavy Girders and Earth Moving Plant Repair and Maintenance.
- AS/NZS 4855-B - E49 18-1 A U H5
- AWS A5.1: E7018-1
Typical All Weld Metal Chemical Analysis
- C: 0.06
- Mn: 1.55
- Si: 0.54
- P: 0.010
- S: 0.020
- Fe: Bal
Typical All Weld Metal Mechanical Analysis
- Yield Strength: 530 Mpa
- Tensile Strength: 602 MPa
- Elongation: 24%
- CVN Impact Values: 87J @ -50°C