Gas shielded, all position, hard surfacing flux cored wire depositing a multi-purpose martensitic steel alloy. Can be used to hard surface mild and low alloy steel components subject to moderate abrasion coupled with medium to high impact.
It also exhibits excellent compressive strength and metal to metal wear resistance. Excellent operator appeal in all positions.
Recommended shielding gas is 75% Argon -25% CO².
Applications include ripper teeth, dozer blades, dragline chains, facing of agricultural points and equipment, sliding metal parts and kiln trunnions.
- Sliding Metal Parts
- Ripper Teeth
- Kiln Trunnions
- Facing of Agricultural Points and Equipment
- Dragline Chains
- Dozer Blades
- AS/NZS 2576: 1855-B5* (*nearest classification)
Typical All Weld Metal Chemical Analysis
- C: 0.40
- Mn: 0.75
- Si: 0.60
- Cr: 6.50
- Mo: 1.00
- Fe: Bal
Typical Mechanical Properties (As Welded)
- Number of Layers(Hardness): 1, 2, 3 - 8
- As-Deposited on 1020 Steel(Hardness): 52 HRc, 56 HRc, 57 HRc
- Hardness As-Deposited(55)
- Time at Temp: 10 Hours, 20 Hours, 80 Hours
- Hardness After Temping(535C° / 620C°): 54, 49, 47 / 46, 40, 40
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Impact Resistance: Good
- Flame Cutting: Difficult