What is X-Mode?
Sensors are normally triggered by the light when you strike an arc. In X-Mode, the sensors are triggered by the electromagnetic field that is created when you start a weld.
X-Mode overcomes instances where obstructions block a sensor when welding out-of-position. Even when there is an obstruction, the sensor will still trigger because of the electromagnetic field.
For outside work, X-Mode will stop the lens constantly lightening and darkening because of the light triggering the sensors. The sensors will only trigger the lens to darken when you start to weld.
Tested in Australia, the lens and helmet comply with Australian Standards AS/NZS 1338.1 (Auto-Darkening) and AS/NZS 1337.1 B (High Impact).
Improved Digital Controls
Digital controls with large displays allow the user to easily adjust modes, shade levels, delay and sensitivity.
Battery Powered with Solar Assist
Two replaceable lithium batteries, with solar assist, deliver up to 3000 hours of use.
The lightweight headgear has multiple settings to achieve the best fit and comfort.
At only 510g, the helmet can be worn for long periods, keeping operator fatigue to a minimum.
Suits a Wide Range of Welding Processes
MIG, Stick, TIG, Flux Cored and Pulse.
Four Independent Arc Sensors
Provide continuous arc sensing for the most demanding applications plus superior lens response.
Magnifying Lens Compatible
Add a magnifying lens if required*. Magnifying lens not included.
- 5 outside cover lenses
- 2 inside cover lenses
- Helmet bag
- 5 Outside Cover Lenses
- 2 Inside Cover Lenses
- Miller Helmet Bag
- Viewing Are: 97 x 60mm
- Operating Modes: 4 Modes: Weld, Cut, Grind, X-Mode
- Arc Sensors: 4 Independent Sensors Plus X-Mode
- Variable Shades: 9-13
- Light State: 4 (All Modes)
- Grind Mode: Shade 4
- Cut Mode: Shade 5-9
- X-Mode: Shade 9-13
- TIG Rating: 5 Amps and Below
- Power: Replaceable Lithium Battery up to 3000 Hours
- Switching Speed(Light - Dark): 1/20,000 Sec
- Delay Speed (Dark - Light): 0.10-1.0 Sec
- On/Off Control: Automatic
- Magnifying Lens Holder: Yes
- Weight: 510g
- Standards: AS/NZS 1338.1 (Auto-Darkening), AS/NZS 1337.1 B (High Impact), ANSI Z87.1-2003 (High Impact), DIN/TUV/CSA
- Warranty: 3 Years (Auto-darkening lens only)
- Rec. Amps GMAW (MIG)MMAW (Stick): Up to 300 Amps*
- Rec Amps GTAW (TIG): 5-350 Amps**
Digital Lens Technology:
- Weld: Suits MIG, Stick, TIG, Flux Cored and Pulse welding processes. Shades 9-13.
- Cut: Suits Plasma, Laser, Gas welding and cutting applications. Shades 5-9.
- Grind: Suits weld preparation and clean-up. Fixed shade 3.
- X-Mode: Electromagnetic arc sensing technology eliminates sunlight interference, intermittent sensing (pipe), low amperage lens openings (TIG) & obstructed sensors. Shades 9-13.