Gasweld Pty Limited (ABN 41 001 262 200) ("Gasweld” “Gasweld Discount Tool Centre”), its subsidiaries and other related companies, are committed to providing you with quality service at all times. This includes protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement tells you how Gasweld manages the personal information that we collect. Also, it briefly tells you how Gasweld may use and/or disclose your information and how to contact us to discuss your privacy concerns.
Your Personal Information
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
There are further special provision which apply to the collection of some personal information which known as sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a persons’ race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of Personal Information by Us
The personal information Gasweld collects, stores and manages will vary depending on what product and/or service you request from Gasweld. The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied directly by you when you give us your details, place an order, seek a refund without a receipt, or provide feedback to us. It may include however:
- information provided by you when you request a product or service from Gasweld. This may be by telephone, via this website or in documents such as an order form.
- information regarding your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, driver's licence number, credit card details.
- information from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or representatives.
- information kept by Gasweld about your use of Gasweld products and services.
- Depending on the circumstance, sometimes we collect other information such as where you shop or what your areas of interest are, so that we can improve our service offering to you.
- Gasweld is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will prosecute any cases of fraud which we can identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any information is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to prosecute.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products or service you seek.
How you Personal Information will be used
Your personal information may be collected to enable us to:
- Deliver products or services to you
- Complete other transactions with you or on your behalf
- To gain a better understanding of your requirements and preferences
- To process your requests
- Consider applications made by you including credit worthiness
- Assist with your enquiries
- Answer any feedback
- Advise you of product and services either now or in the future which may be of greater benefit or interest to yo. (You may opt out at any time. Simply contact our Privacy Officer.)
- Develop, improve and maintain our quality assurances
- Protect against fraud or theft
- Improve our service
- Administer contests and notify winners
Collection of Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect is in most cases directly supplied by you when you give us your details, place an order or provide feedback to us.
We collect information in a number of ways including:
- When you register your details with us or give us the information
- When you order goods or services
- When you open an account with us
- When you submit questions or submit feedback about our website
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Gasweld has no intention of selling, sharing, renting or bartering your personal information to third parties, unless consent has been sought from you first or if we have already told you about the disclosure. Gasweld may disclose your personal information to third party organisations including:
- Government authorities or agencies and other organisations as required or permitted by law;
- Your authorised representatives;
- Credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- Professional advisers and contractors of Gasweld;
- Related companies of Gasweld; and
- To other parties, when you have given your consent.
Accessing and Maintaining Accurate Information
At any time you may ask to obtain access to your personal information collected by us, subject to any restriction imposed by law. If you would like to do so, we may ask for your request in writing and reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to search and fulfil your request if applicable.
It is important that we collect, maintain and use proper and accurate personal information.
It is important that you advise us of all errors, changes or omissions in your personal information.
Gasweld will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. In particular, we want you to feel confident dealing with us on the internet.
Gasweld is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this site via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise. Please take care to check whose site you are visiting.
If you do not wish to be contacted by Gasweld (about special offers, discounts or other promotional events), simply contact us using the information in the below mentioned section Contact Us.
If you have any queries, suggestions or wish to complain about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us as follows:
Gasweld Pty Ltd
PO BOX 3330 Hamilton Delivery Exchange
Hamilton NSW 2303
Phone: 02 49 067777 (during normal business hours).
Gasweld Privacy Policies and Practices
From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.
Further information may be obtained from the Office of Federal Privacy Commissioner and/or at www.privacy.gov.au